Effective Date: June 16, 2021
- How We Collect Your Information
- How We Use Your Information
- How we Share Your Information
- Cookies and Web Beacons
- Do Not Track Disclosure
- Interest-Based Advertising
- Links to Other Web Sites
- Your Choices
- Special Notice to California Residents
- Contact Us
For California residents, please see the section at the end of this Policy entitled “Special Notice to California Residents” (“the California Section”), which discusses the forms of personal information that we collect from California residents not only through the Services but also in any off-line interactions with such residents, how we use that information, and California residents’ rights with respect the personal information we collect. If any other section in this Policy can be read to conflict with the California Section, then the California Section controls with respect to California residents.
Verse.io, Inc. dba Verse.ai does not knowingly collects or information on the Services from anyone under 18 years old, and no part of our Services is directed at or structured to attract anyone under 18 years old. Visitors younger than 18 years of age may NOT use the Services and must LEAVE immediately.
How we Collect and Use Personal Information
We collect information, including personal information, directly from you, about you from other sources, and automatically as you use our Services.
Information We Collect Directly From You: The type of information that we collect about you varies based on your interaction with us, and may include:
- Account Creation: we collect your name, email address, password, phone number, company name, and whether you are an agent or broker. We also collect information about your use of our Services, including any additional information that you choose to post to your account/user profile.
- Purchases: If you make a purchase from us, we will collect your name, billing address, and payment card information.
- Customer Records: we maintain records about your purchases with us, including your execution of a contract with us, billing and payment information, and any other information that you provide to us in the course of providing our Services to you.
- Contacting Us: if you contact us, we collect your name, email address, phone number, and contents of a message/inquiry. If you contact us through our chat feature, we also may collect any information that you submit through the chat. We do not typically associate this with your account.
- Request a Demo: We collect your name, email, phone number, monthly lead volume, company name, and industry.
Information We Collect from Other Entities: Our Customers provide us information about their Customer Clients through their use of our Services. We also may obtain your information from your employer, e.g., to authorize you as a user of our Services.
Automatically Collected Information: We, and our service providers, automatically collect the following information about your use of our Services through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies, including technologies designed for mobile applications: your domain name; your browser type and operating system; web pages you view; links you click; your IP address; the length of time you visit or use our Services; and the referring URL, or the webpage that led you to our Site or App. We may also collect your approximate location through collection of your IP address or device ID. Typically, we do not combine this information with other information that we have collected about you, including, other personal information. If you are a registered user, we collect log-in information about the date/time of your log in, which we may retain for a period of time for account authorization, customer service, security, and other purposes. With the exception of this log information, we typically do not associate automatically collected data with your account. Please see the section “Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies” below for more information.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information that we collect, including personal information, for the following purposes:
- Providing and Improving Our Services. To provide and maintain our Services and products; to improve our Services and products; to develop new features, products, or services; to perform technical operations, such as updating software; and for other customer service and support purposes.
- Research and Analytics. To analyze how you interact with our Services; to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends; and for other research, analytical, and statistical purposes.
- Marketing and Communications. To communicate with you about your account and use of our Services; to send you product, service, or event updates; to respond to your inquiries; to provide you with news and newsletters, special offers, promotions, and other information we think may interest you; and for other informational, marketing, or promotional purposes. Our communications with you may include communications via email. Please see our section regarding Your Choices for more information about how to change your communications preferences.
- Legal Compliance. To comply with applicable legal or regulatory obligations, including as part of a judicial proceeding; to respond to a subpoena, warrant, court order, or other legal process; or as part of an investigation or request from law enforcement or a governmental authority.
How We Share Your Information
We disclose the information that we collect, including personal information, as described to you at the time of collection, as consented to by you before disclosure, and as follows:
- Service Providers. We may disclose information to service providers, agents, or others who perform functions on our behalf.
- Other Unaffiliated Third Parties. We may disclose information to other unaffiliated third parties, including for those third parties’ own marketing purposes. If you are a California resident, please see the Your California Privacy Rights section below.
- Business Transfers. We may disclose information to our advisors, another entity, and that entity’s advisors in connection with, including during negotiations of, an acquisition or merger, sale or transfer of a business unit or assets, bankruptcy proceeding, or as part of any other similar business transfer.
- Legal Compliance. We may disclose information to law enforcement or other entities comply with applicable legal or regulatory obligations, including as part of a judicial proceeding; in response to a subpoena, warrant, court order, or other legal process; or as part of an investigation or request from law enforcement or a government official.
We may also disclose de-identified information for marketing, advertising, research, compliance, or other purposes.
Cookies, Web Beacons, and Other Tracking Technologies
- Understand traffic patterns and the number of visitors to the Services and other non- Verse.ia websites that we partner with;
- Understand how you use and interact with the Services;
- Improve the Verse.io products and services;
- Optimize your experience on our Services;
- Provide deidentified data for auditing, research, modeling and reporting for our advertisers and other partners;
- Provide you relevant advertising and content; and
- Properly manage our Services.
Please note that some cookies may be placed by a service provider who performs some of these functions for us. If you are concerned about cookies, most browsers permit individuals to decline cookies. A user refusing cookies can still fully navigate our Services.
Do Not Track Disclosure
Our Services do not respond to Do Not Track signals. For more information about Do Not Track signals, please click here. You may, however, disable certain tracking as discussed in the Web Beacons section above (e.g., by declining cookies).
We use third parties such as network advertisers to display advertisements on our Services, to assist us in displaying advertisements on unaffiliated services, and to evaluate the success of our advertising campaigns. You may opt-out of many third-party ad networks, including those operated by members of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) and the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA). For more information regarding this practice by NAI members and DAA members, and your choices regarding having this information used by these companies, including how to opt out of ad networks operated by NAI and DAA members, please visit their respective websites: www.networkadvertising.org/optout_nonppii.asp (NAI) and www.aboutads.info/choices (DAA).
Opting out of one or more NAI member or DAA member networks (many of which will be the same) only means that those members no longer will deliver targeted content or ads to you. It does not mean you will no longer receive any targeted content or ads on our Services or other services. You may continue to receive advertisements, for example, based on the particular website that you are viewing (i.e., contextual advertising). Also, if your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you visit an opt-out page, or you subsequently erase your cookies, use a different computer or change web browsers, your NAI or DAA opt out may no longer be effective.
Links to Other Web Sites
Our Services may contain links to nonaffiliated websites. Your use of each of those sites is at your own risk and is subject to the terms of those sites. DBA Verse.io has no control over sites that are not ours, and we are not responsible for any changes to or content on them. Verse.io, Inc. dba Verse.ai assumes no responsibility for the content of or services offered by linked sites, and makes no representations regarding the accuracy of materials on other sites. Statements made on such sites linked to or from our Services reflect only the views of their authors and not of Verse.io, Inc. dba Verse.ai. Verse.io, Inc. dba Verse.ai inclusion on the Site of any third-party content or a link to a third-party site is not an endorsement of that content or third-party site.
We have taken steps to help protect the personal information we collect. However, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security. You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your device and account by, among other things, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
You may correct or request deletion of your personal information by logging into your profile and updating your information or emailing us at support@Verse.ai. Please note that we may retain certain information about you as required by law or as permitted by law for legitimate business purposes (e.g., in accordance with our record retention policies or to enforce our Terms of Service). Customer Clients who wish to correct or delete the personal data that we use on behalf of Customers should contact the Customer with which they interact to make such a request.
We may send periodic promotional or informational emails to Customers or, on Customers’ behalf, to Customer Clients. Customers and Customer Clients may opt out of such communications by following the opt-out instructions contained in the email. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If Customers opt out of receiving marketing emails from us, we may still send them non-promotional emails (e.g., about their account with us). If you are a Customer Client that receives emails from one of our Customers and you no longer want to be contacted by that Customer, please unsubscribe directly from that Customer’s communication or contact the Customer directly to update your email preferences.
Special Notice to California Residents
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), we are required to notify residents about the personal information that we collect about them, whether online or offline, and how we handle their personal information. Under the CCPA, “personal information” is any information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular California resident or household. It does not include publicly available data as defined by the CCPA.
Categories of Personal Information that We Collect, Disclose, and Sell. This Notice is directed to the scope of personal information that we collect about California residents in our capacity as a business, and not as a service provider. Accordingly, the Notice is focused on our collection and use of Business Contact Information, to the extent that we collect such information is subject to the CCPA. We collect the categories of personal information described above, which include (using the terms set forth under the CCPA): identifiers (information that helps us identify you), purchase history, customer records, usage data, geolocation data, and professional information. In addition to the data collected through the Services, if you contact us over the phone, we may record calls for quality assurance and customer service purposes. We use your personal information as described above, the main purpose of which is to communicate with you in the context of our business relationship (e.g., to provide the requested service). We may disclose these categories of information to our service providers who assist us in providing our Services to you, including entities that host our website, assist us with marketing and advertising (and measuring the success of our campaigns), among other entities.
The CCPA broadly defines a “sale” as disclosing or making available to a third party personal information in exchange for monetary or other valuable consideration. We may share your data with carefully selected third parties to enable that third party to market directly to you. In addition, we permit analytics and targeted advertising partiers to place a cookie, tag, or other tracking tool on our Services to assist us with our own advertising. These providers also may use your information to assist other companies with advertising as well. To opt-out of either or both of these sales, please click here.
|Categories of personal information
|Do we collect?
|Do we disclose for a business purpose(s)
|Do we sell?
|Name, Contact Information and other Identifiers: Identifiers such as a real name, alias, address, online identifier, Internet Protocol (IP) address, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers.
|Customer Records: Paper and electronic customer records containing personal information, such as name, signature, address, telephone number, education, current employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial or payment information.
|Purchase History and Tendencies: Information about your purchases with us. We will disclose this to service providers that assist us in tendering products, maintaining our website, and as described above.
|Usage Data: Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, clickstream data, search history, and information regarding a resident’s interaction with an internet website, application, or advertisement, including access logs and other activity information related to your use of any Sites, applications or other online services.
|Geolocation Data: Precise geographic location information about a particular individual or device.
|Audio, Video and other Electronic Data: Audio information, such as call recordings, if you contact our call center.
|Professional or employment-related information: We obtain your employer’s name if you interact with us in your business capacity.
|Profiles and Inferences: We do not create our own user profiles; we engage advertising providers to assist us in determining relevant advertising. These providers may draw inferences on our behalf using your online interactions with us. We do not obtain this information from the provider.
Your Rights. Except for the Right to Opt-Out and the Right of Non-Discrimination, this section does not apply to California residents who are business contacts to the extent that we are using your information in the context of our business relationship with your employer. If you are a Customer Contact of one of our Customers, please contact our Customer to exercise your rights. For California residents with whom we interact outside of our business relationship, you have the following rights:
- Notice at Collection. Right to be notified about the categories of personal information that we collect about you;
- Right to Opt-out of Sale of Personal Information. If you do not want us to share your information with advertising providers, click here.
- Delete: You may request that we delete your personal information; please note that exceptions apply to this request.
- Access: You may request (up to two times per twelve-month period) and, subject to certain exemptions, to receive a copy of the specific pieces of personal information that we have collected about you (in the past 12 months). You have the right to receive this information (at no cost to you) (a) by mail or (b) electronically in a portable and, to the extent technically feasible, readily useable format that you could provide to a different entity. California residents also have the right to request that we provide them certain information about how we have handled their personal information in the prior 12 months, including the: categories of personal information collected; categories of sources of personal information; business and/or commercial purposes for collecting and selling their personal information; categories of third parties/with whom we have disclosed or shared their personal information for a business purpose; categories of third parties to whom the residents’ personal information has been sold and the specific categories of personal information sold to each category of third party.
Submitting Requests. Requests to Opt-out of Sale of Personal Information, Delete, and Access may be submitted by going to our California Individual Rights Page at https://verse.ai/ccpa-opt-out as well as by contacting us at (844) 372-3014 (toll free). We will respond to verifiable requests received from California consumers as required by law.
Right to Non-Discrimination. The CCPA prohibits discrimination against California residents for exercising their rights under the CCPA. Discrimination may exist where a business denies or provides a different level or quality of goods or services, or charges (or suggests that it will charge) different prices, rates, or penalties on residents who exercise their CCPA rights, unless doing so is reasonably related to the value provided to the business by the residents’ data.
Financial Incentives. A business may offer financial incentives for the collection, sale or deletion of California residents’ personal information, provided the incentive is not unjust, unreasonable, coercive or usurious, and is made available in compliance with applicable transparency, informed consent, and opt-out requirements. California residents have the right to be notified of any financial incentive offers and their material terms, the right to opt-out of such incentives at any time, and may not be included in such incentives without their prior informed opt-in consent. We do not offer any incentives at this time.
Request for Information Disclosures to Third Parties If you are a California resident you may request from us once a year, free of charge, information about the personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request via email to support@Verse.ai. In your request, please attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for your response.